What is Bowen Therapy
How does it work?
Bowtech does not use forceful manipulation. Gentle subtle moves are performed over the muscles and connective tissue, sending messages deep into the body. This may help with a relaxed, balanced way of wellbeing.
The technique may access not only the musculo-skeletal framework, but also the fascia, nerves and internal organs. The body’s integrated response may assist in supporting healthy circulation and normallymphatic drainage and potentially support in the assimilation of nutrients and elimination of toxins.
What is the Bowen Technique suitable for?
The Bowen Technique could be considered for people with many types of conditions, including:
- Back pain/ Sciatica
- Neck pain / Frozen Shoulder
- Asthma / Hayfever / Sinus Problems
- Headaches / Migraines
- Sports injuries, eg Tennis and Golfers Elbow / Carpal Tunnel / Knee Injuries / Disc
- Constipation / IBS / Crohn’s Disease
- Menopause symptoms eg Hot Flushes, Mood Swings, Sleeping Difficulties
- Shin Splints / Plantar fasciitis / Swollen Ankles and Knees
- Menstrual Problems
- Urinary problems: Incontinence / Urinary Tract Infections (UTI) / Bedwetting
- Babies: Colic, Reflux, unsettled
- Pregnancy: back pain